Lawn Care: Industry Information and Statistics
If you're a homeowner, chances are you take pride in your lawn. A well-manicured lawn not only looks nice, but it can also increase your home's value. But keeping your lawn looking its best can be a lot of work - and it's not just about mowing the grass.
Lawn care is a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. According to the Lawn Institute, the professional lawn care industry is worth about $73 billion. And, the do-it-yourself lawn care market is worth an estimated $37 billion.
If you're thinking of starting a lawn care business, or if you're already in the business, it's important to know some key statistics about the industry. Here are some facts and figures that you should know:
- There are about 58,000 lawn care businesses in the United States.
- The average lawn care business has annual revenue of about $50,000.
- The lawn care industry employs about 700,000 people.
- The average lawn care worker earns about $12 per hour.
- The lawn care industry is growing at a rate of about 4% per year.
As you can see, the lawn care industry is a big business. And, it's only getting bigger. If you're thinking of starting a lawn care business, or if you're already in the business, now is a great time to be involved.