Landscaping with Industry Information and Statistics
If you're thinking about sprucing up your yard this year, you're not alone. Landscaping is a $75 billion industry in the United States, according to the National Association of Landscape Professionals. And while the average homeowner spends about $500 on landscaping annually, those in the Sandwich, MA area tend to spend a bit more.
In fact, the average landscaping budget in the Northeast is $700, which is 20% higher than the national average. But when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck, it's important to keep a few things in mind.
First, consider the climate. If you live in an area with harsh winters, you'll want to choose plants that are hardy and can withstand the elements. The same is true for hot, dry summers. Second, think about your lifestyle. If you have a busy schedule, you'll want to choose low-maintenance plants.
Here are a few other statistics to keep in mind when landscaping:
- The average lawn size in the United States is 7,840 square feet.
- The average cost of a professionally installed irrigation system is $2,000.
- The average price of a lawn mower is $300.
- The average price of a lawn tractor is $2,000.
- The average cost of a new driveway is $4,000.
- The average cost of a new patio is $3,000.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started on your landscaping project today!